Foreman will manage all phases of Datacenter installation Projects. Foreman must be able to think strategically and demonstrate “Leadership”. Foreman will assume total ownership from the receipt of completed engineering “work package” to delivery of project completion and final documentation. Foreman must exhibit the ability to provide great customer service and deliver projects according to the customer’s expectations.
• Foreman must be detail oriented, analytical. Process and compliance focused Ability to work independent of direct supervision; self-starting; Team Player. Good organizational, written, and verbal skills (meticulous regarding documentation). Excellent people skills, customer oriented, willingness to help others. Positive and Proactive approach Willingness to travel. Strong work ethic and ability to have flexible work schedule.
• Foreman must demonstrate good customer skills.
• Foreman has total responsibility for the job layout and plan of execution.
• Foreman must stay current with the latest technologies and installation procedures.
• Foreman must have a full understanding of the scope of work.
• Foreman must have the ability to understand and accurately complete all paperwork required of assigned project.
• Foreman must be able to run small, medium, and large projects when required.
• Foreman must be fully competent of the Vision standard for quality installation craftsmanship and customer service excellence.
• Foreman must be fully competent at installation and termination of various copper and fiber products in accordance with TIA/EIA standards and BICSI standards.
• Foreman must be fully competent in testing and troubleshooting of copper and fiber cable plant systems in accordance with TIA/EIA standards and BICSI standards.
• Foreman must be fully competent at directing his team in assembling, installing, and securing various cable trays, racks, and cabinets used in telecommunications closets.
• Foreman must understand the basic principles of grounding and bonding as described in the BICSI installation methods and must be capable of properly bonding cable trays and properly grounding racks, cable trays, etc.
• Foreman must be knowledgeable in the proper operation of all Vision’s Cat5, Cat5E, Cat6 testers to include proper operation of the tester, properly saving test results and properly downloading and storing test results on the network.
• Foreman must be knowledgeable in the proper operation of Vision’s fiber power meter testers to include proper operation of the tester, properly saving test results and properly downloading and storing test results on the network.
• Foreman must be knowledgeable in the proper operation of an OTDR to include proper operation of the OTDR, properly saving test results and properly downloading and storing the test results on the network.
• Foreman must be fully capable of interpreting test results from fiber and copper testers and successfully troubleshooting and properly repairing the fiber or copper cable plant to ultimately ensure a correct and valid test.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• BICSI and industry Certifications are preferred Knowledge of fiber terms and troubleshooting is needed.
• Ability to drive company vehicle throughout the day.
• This position requires a background check and driver’s license check.
• Ability to lift various items is required, as well to stand for long periods of time and climb ladders.
• The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to lift 75lbs and climb ladders as required.
Years of Experience:
5 - 10
Preferred - BICSI Technician, Industry manufacturer certifications, OSHA30 safety certification, HILTI powder actuated tools, Confined Space